0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Emergency Services 'Features' (Radio's, 911, 311, Calls, Sign on/off)

tropicz

Community Executive
Emergency Services Radio Channels
All Emergency Services should be in the same radio channel that channel will be the radio channel number one (1). This will ease communication between law enforcement (police) and fire/ems. This would also make the dispatching job easier as well so they do not need to switch through channels to simply tell fire/ems is go to a call. They will be able to hear radio traffic in radio 1 and already be ready to be called.

Radio number three (3) will be for the unreleased Department of Corrections (DOC) so officers can switch channels and notify the Department of Corrections that there is a Temp. Inmate coming up for x time.

Radios 4-10 will be for other law enforcement operations, different calls, undercover operations, and officers switching radios to have a quick conversation.

Emergency Services Calls (/911)
When you dial /911 yo uwont need to put "police" "fire" "ems" all you will need to do is /911 and the information on your call and all emergency services will be able to see it. Calls also wont be specifically sent to anyone in radio 2, they will be sent to anyone signed on duty as police and fire/ems. This also goes for panic buttons and other officer and fire/ems related functions.

There can be different types of 911 functions, the basic /911 will give officers the callers name and phone number along with the call information the player enters. /911a will be an anonomous 911 that will only show a general location of the 911 call and the information provided by the caller. Also the ability to respond to all /911 calls by doing something like /911r.

Possibly on calls there can be a thing that pops up on the map like a red circle for /911 calls and for more automatic calls like the shots fired it can be a target or gun thing that pops up on the map. There can be a command like /clearmap or /mapclear to remove those popups from calls.

A change to the 'I'm hearing gunshots nearby" instead of it saying that it would be better to say 'Gunshots Reported'.

A new /311 system
A /311 system would work as follows:

A player or officer does /311 for non emergency related issues or the summoning of fire/ems to enter a scene. This can also be used to say that you are goign 10-8 and what not. It can also be used for Dispatchers to notify law enforcement of what calls are on what radio.

When /311 is done the persons in-game ID for that session, Name, and Phone Number pop up with the information they input for whatever message they want to send. These can be responded to by doing a /311r command. For the developers, this is just like how staff respond to /req's.

Signing on/off duty
Currently as it stands when you sign on duty, leave or crash, and come back you are still on duty. I see that depending on where you are I have seen more issues with the locks at the PDs, this could be a number of things other than this sign on system, but I have not had this issue before the change.

I think there should be 2 ways to sign on duty, the book inside the PDs and a Command. I also think that when you leave, crash, whatever things cause you to be out of the server, when you come back you are signed off duty.

Domestic

How would typical radio chatter between police, ems and fire, for example there's a pursuit going on but then a call goes out that requires EMS/fire I feel like it would conflict with each other and make it hard to communicate.

Also Department of Corrections ?

tropicz

Community Executive
How would typical radio chatter between police, ems and fire, for example there's a pursuit going on but then a call goes out that requires EMS/fire I feel like it would conflict with each other and make it hard to communicate.
You would have multiple routes to go, You have the /311 thing, but also any active calls should be moved to other radio channels where even that call can be and stay uninterrupted. That's why there is radios 4-10

Domestic

You would have multiple routes to go, You have the /311 thing, but also any active calls should be moved to other radio channels where even that call can be and stay uninterrupted.
What I'm trying to say is if dispatch is on, how would they dispatch medical if something like a pursuit is going on? I'm probably just confused on how this will all work but ┐(´ー`)┌

tropicz

Community Executive
What I'm trying to say is if dispatch is on, how would they dispatch medical if something like a pursuit is going on? I'm probably just confused on how this will all work but ┐(´ー`)┌
The pursuit would move to another radio to continue their pursuit. But if the pursuit stayed on channel 1 then they would use /311 which would play a noise to catch their attention and tell them where to go. But also dispatch is going to change so the endpoint would more than likely be the LEOs on scene requesting Fire/EMS and telling them when to move in which would be directed by the LEOs on the ground