0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Jurisdictions

Domestic

I think that each department should be required to stay in a jurisdiction.

Sheriff would be in Sandy area this includes grapseed and harmony

Dpd would be in the city

Troopers would be able to go anywhere in the state but would mostly stick to high ways

Game Wardens would have be able to go anywhere in state when needed but they would mostly patrol the paleto and paleto forest area

I think this would help fix the issue of everyone being in Sandy as cops would be all throughout the map this is also how departments actually operate.

I remember I asked about jurisdictions before and the answer I got was "it was a thing before but it caused arguments" if this is the case then have a map somewhere that clearly shows where jurisdictions are andhave clear rules and regulations on when you can go outside your jurisdiction and what you're allowed to do if you're outside of that jurisdiction, then state clearly what will happen if you break those rules and regulations, this should lessen issues with people arguing but if they continue to argue and they're in the wrong then more punishments might be in place.

Jurisdictions have been suggested multiple times and has been denied for a simple reason :

It is not fair to confine a department to one location on the map.

and if people want more RP in the city then cops should leave sandy and go to the city, civs follow cops. Yes it would be boring for a little while but civs will go to the city if sandy doesn't have cops.

( sorry for being blunt, but its true )

I personally hate the idea of jurisdictions being in place and so do many other people. It has been suggested and denied just like Connor said above.

The jurisdictions stated are false for some of them including the TXGW and the DCSO. For the DCSO I live in Texas and Dallas County covers 31 cities in which the deputies are allowed to patrol anywhere inside. The deputies on occasion will be asked to come and patrol in other counties if needed so basically statewide jurisdiction. Next is the Texas Game Wardens. They are never seen on public roadways but only at lakes, national parks, and forest areas so it wouldn’t make sense for statewide jurisdiction for them. Jurisdictions would limit the RP a ton and wouldn’t allow for some departments to have as much RP as the others. -1 from me

Domestic

Jurisdictions have been suggested multiple times and has been denied for a simple reason :

It is not fair to confine a department to one location on the map.

and if people want more RP in the city then cops should leave sandy and go to the city, civs follow cops. Yes it would be boring for a little while but civs will go to the city if sandy doesn't have cops.

( sorry for being blunt, but its true )
No need to be sorry, however, people would likely know where they'll be stationed before they join a department, with that in mind I don't really see how it wouldn't be fair, they would know what they'd be getting into, I feel like this would also give another reason to join one department over another

Domestic

I personally hate the idea of jurisdictions being in place and so do many other people. It has been suggested and denied just like Connor said above.

The jurisdictions stated are false for some of them including the TXGW and the DCSO. For the DCSO I live in Texas and Dallas County covers 31 cities in which the deputies are allowed to patrol anywhere inside. The deputies on occasion will be asked to come and patrol in other counties if needed so basically statewide jurisdiction. Next is the Texas Game Wardens. They are never seen on public roadways but only at lakes, national parks, and forest areas so it wouldn’t make sense for statewide jurisdiction for them. Jurisdictions would limit the RP a ton and wouldn’t allow for some departments to have as much RP as the others. -1 from me
I didn't know that's how sheriff's operated in Texas irl I was mostly basing it off of where the departments buildings were.

As for Game Wardens I was basing it off of what they currently do which is what normal officers do since unfortunately there isn't enough hunting and fishing rp to justify He Wardens doing what they're actually meant to do, and for Wardens having statewide jurisdiction I was basing that off of where animal rp can happen which is pretty much everywhere.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
Gavin,

Whilst I see where the motivation for your suggestion stems from, I feel that there are a few points being overlooked, some of which I shall list below. Jurisdiction would not work for the following reasons;

1. The GTA map is too small and thus would limit roleplay. Due to the size of the GTA map and the limited regions in which one person can patrol, for the greatest experience, you will want to patrol all around the entire map to gain the full roleplay experience.

2. There are not enough members for jurisdiction to work. The majority of situations happen in either Sandy Shores or North Dallas City. If you are a sheriff unit constrained to somewhere like Chumash, your roleplay experience will be dry and thus not interesting. As much as the word "realism" comes into people's heads, the harsh reality that you need to accept is that realism is not possible in GTA - immersion is. Getting home from school and sitting in a digital crown victoria without anything to do is not interesting; you would much rather be patrolling, actively engaging in different situations and speaking with other people.

3. Jurisdiction causes problems. Some may take this "jurisdiction" over others as a means to flex their superiority over one another when in actuality, everyone is there for the same purpose; to have fun and serve and protect. As much as someone like myself wouldn't care if that happened, it's another issue we have to resolve when quibbles break out over it.

So that raises the question of how you incorporate something like this into the server whilst avoiding those issues. Well, good question. The way we fix that is by encouraging department command staff members to advise their officers, deputies, troopers and wardens to go to areas they "should" be in. For example, I encourage my deputies to stick around Blaine county and visit Chumash once in a blue moon. I also encourage the wardens to stick to wildlife areas. Whilst this is not always the most fun due to the lack of players there, this situation will only improve in due course with policy change and server change. Ergo, once this improves, you will have this sort of 'psuedo-jurisdiction' that you're looking for.

To conclude, it is unrealistic to suggest jurisdiction would work as simply as that. The solution I have provided is one that is currently being worked on across the board and this situation will only improve in the future. This does, however, require patience and support from members to take it upon themselves to get what they want.

Take a patrol in Chumash for once.

M.K