0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Needed Discussion

Domestic

Let me preface this by saying this is a statement of love and not hate, this community has helped me through more than most will ever know and for that it will forever hold a special place in my heart. I would like this statement to spark a discussion not cause drama. This is by no means a comprehensive list of every problem just the biggest I've seen.

Part 1 Issues

I know running any kind of server is hard but at this point it seems like no one especially most of the staff team really care about the server.

Staff/devs do pretty much whatever they want and Ive personally experienced this with certain staff, going around killing cops for no reason and shooting at them for no reason, no I didn't bother making a report because I didn't have a recording plus it seems like there's no point in reporting staff. Most of the time the staff you report are the ones that review the reports so it ends up going no where.

Staff not treating player issues with respect. When people bring up an issue or have an issue that they bring to discord, staff most of them don't try and help they get defensive and only add to the issue. This is not all but it's something I've noticed. One of the things I remember from the staff apps is it saying you need to be professional at all times I fail to see that from most of the staff. I by no means am saying that staff should be required to always be professional, that's dumb, it's a discord/fivem server at the end of the day but they should always be professional when dealing with player issues, if you aren't going to help end an issue then just let another staff deal with it.

Staff cracking down way too hard on people for the most mundane shit, an example is a staff member warned a friend while they were in rp buying a gumball next to my traffic stop for cop baiting when in reality they just wanted to listen. This should not have been a staff issue it should have been a police issue. This is only one example of many.

Owners/dev team going back on things they've said. Best example is him going back on the whitelist after saying it was a permanent change and then not telling anyone why he changed it back. From a community perspective the whitelist was going well in terms of rp and players, I'm sure it was done for a good reason but ice kept the community in the dark which is never good when doing stuff like going back on a "permanent change" that a lot of people wanted, it breaks trust.

Lack of transparency between owner/devs and the community. It seems like they don't know whats going on and they're bringing the community along for that ride. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's what it feels like. The community shouldn't be left in the dark yes it's fine to hype stuff up and keep secrets for stuff like upcoming cars or something like economy but when it comes to the direction of the community its never good to keep stuff like that secret.

The server is laggy for no reason, I've gone on much bigger servers with way more people, way more custom cars, scripts and plugins, and they were never as laggy as tx there is no excuse and just saying "just get a better PC" is never a good response when other servers do it better. Yes I'm aware the dev team isn't very big and they have lives, this isn't a diss at them just something I've noticed.

The police don't know what they're doing.
The biggest issue I've seen is police rushing through civ scenes, this should never be done no matter what, it creates a habit that's never good and makes it so civs who actually have an rp planned out don't get the opportunity to see it through.
Some smaller issues I've noticed:
- Police being too quick to lethal force and not taking time to deescalate (this is also an issue created by the civs).
- lower ranking or less experienced leo not knowing what to do in situations like robberies or barricaded suspects, yes this is a swat job but they won't always be on, normal police need at least basic training for this. This also adds to the issue of police rushing scenes and police being quick to lethal force when they could de-escalate (yes this is also an issue with civs)
- Police break traffic laws and aren't punished by command staff. If civilians have to follow those laws so should police. Not calling this person out but I did a ride along with a higher up and was encouraged to break traffic laws in the city.
- Police not doing what they need to be doing and responding to calls, there have been numerous times when many people have placed calls and no one ever responded because either the entire police force is focused on a 10-80 or they just don't care. This could also be an issue of not enough police or the unit needed to respond isn't on however this is usually not the case.
- Police not listening to radio traffic/not calling when they're responding to something, there have been numerous times when I've called for one unit, the unit responding doesn't say they're responding, so more units show up than needed, this not only freaks the person out who's on the traffic stop but it's wasting resources.
- More police being on scene than needed (this goes with the last two points). For whatever reason police even higher ups don't know when they aren't needed on a scene, an example is I was on a suspicious person's call and called for another unit because I didn't know who it was and I needed to find them, I found the suspect called the location out to the other unit who responded next thing I know 6 or 7 officers roll up including command staff, once I realize who the guy was, I asked all but the other responding unit to break off because having all those police standing around was agitating the suspect and they were standing around doing nothing and there could have been other calls where they were needed, I promptly got a "no" from one of the command staff.
- Higher ups messing around while on duty. I've seen this numerous times, joking around while at the station or while on a ride along is fine but when it comes to actually interacting with the civilian population you should usually be more professional especially the higher up you are, higher ups set an example for lower ranks.

No one reads suggestions, or at the very least no one actually interacts with them. I've brought this up before in the server and immediately got told otherwise but i fail to see how suggestions from around the past month getting a peak of around 4 votes (estimated due to upvotes and down votes being pooled together) is people looking at suggestions. Some of the suggestions that have been made by other or even me are pretty good suggestions but don't go anywhere due to no one interacting with them.

At this point, the community seems like it's sinking fast, if the owners and the devs don't do something quick and actually give the community a plan and stick to that plan well the community will fall. I know I act like an idiot while I'm in the server but I've seen this happen time and time again in many servers on many games from Unturned, DayZ, Gmod etc. It always ends the same. Death of the server.

Now it's time for some possible ways to turn this situation around. I'm aware most of these won't be easy but at this point something needs to be done.

Part 2 Fixes

Complete overhaul of the staff team, your staff are not displaying the level of professionalism that you seem to require in your staff application.
Some examples of good staff members: Rico K. Kay S. Gene N.
These aren't all the exceptional staff on tx but they're good examples to go off of. Having a staff team that abuses their position, breaking rules and staff that act unprofessional and respond to community issues by responding in a way that "stokes the flames" should never be acceptable under any circumstances. This would hopefully fix the first two points I brought up.

Once the owners/dev team says their going to do something they needs to do it and stick to it. If they say something will be permanent then don't go back on it. This breaks trust with the community and makes it look like the people running the server aren't going to stick with what they say. And therefore can't be trusted.

At the very least you could make an announcement telling everyone what you want to do with the community hint at some features you want to add and say what's going to be better. At most you could have a roadmap made for the server. Doesn't have to be super long term but maybe a couple months or so. This will showcase big features that you hope to add, you wouldn't even have to name the things in the update you could do something like GTA Online and have a name that's an umbrella for the features being added I.E heists adding stuff to do with heists. This gives the community a good time line on what's being added and when new content is coming instead of them wandering around in the dark wondering when content and fixes will be added. This also gives devs a goal for what they need to have done, yes I understand they have lives but this can still be implemented with that being the case.

I'm not a fivem dev. I have no experience in adding custom vehicles, buildings, scripts, and plugins into Fivem so I don't know how you would fix this however the point still stands, the server shouldn't be as laggy as it is. If there is a legitimate reason other than "get a better PC" thats not explaining anything to anyone and doesn't come off very well.

This issue requires more officer training, yes this isn't a serious server but it doesn't matter if you're going to have a server with a police force they should know what they're doing. These issues will also require choosing command staff more carefully and making sure they're a good example for the lower ranking officers.

Personally I think being able to send suggestions directly through the discord was a better system, I understand having it on the forums but it's just not working out.

Closing thoughts

TX has the potential to be a great server and community on par with the biggest servers, but it's being held back by many things.at the end of the day I understand that the owners/devs are people who have lives outside of the server and therefore can't dedicate all of their time to the server but with work things can change.

I made this statement because I care about the server and want it to do well. There have been too many great people leave due to the state the servers in. Let's not make it more.

Please if you disagree with anything give me constructive criticism I'm more than willing to accept it. If you have anything to add, don't be afraid to say so, any amount of discussion is good for a community.

Thank you for reading,
Gavin F.

Last edited:

Jenson D.

Staff/devs do pretty much whatever they want and Ive personally experienced this with certain staff, going around killing cops for no reason and shooting at them for no reason, no I didn't bother making a report because I didn't have a recording plus it seems like there's no point in reporting staff. Most of the time the staff you report are the ones that review the reports so it ends up going no where.
I don't go around RDMing cops? Just because certain people may do it doesn't mean everyone does... Clip it and report them if you see them do it. You can't complain when you aren't reporting the people who are doing the actions.
Staff/devs do pretty much whatever they want
No they don't, everyone has to follow the rules and if you catch them not following them then report them.
The server is laggy for no reason
I don't usually ever see any lag so that would be your pc.
Owners/dev team going back on things they've said.
Your example was an executive decision not anything to do with the dev team so don't accuse us of stuff we haven't done.
Lack of transparency between owner/devs and the community. It seems like they don't know whats going on and they're bringing the community along for that ride.
If you are expecting information about Economy then that's not happening after how impatient people ending up being for 2.0 plus I don't see the point of giving information about stuff that still has a high chance to change.
At most you could have a roadmap made for the server.
All a development roadmap would have is "Economy" since that's our main focus currently so it would be a waste of time.

Jaxon B

I don't go around RDMing cops? Just because certain people may do it doesn't mean everyone does... Clip it and report them if you see them do it. You can't complain when you aren't reporting the people who are doing the actions.

No they don't, everyone has to follow the rules and if you catch them not following them then report them.

Your example was an executive decision not anything to do with the dev team so don't accuse us of stuff we haven't done.
Can’t say I can agree with you on it being his pc. I have a very good pc, that runs every game very well. Including other fivem servers. Bigger, whitelisted servers with a ton more assets, I had no problem with. Even random public servers with tons of people trolling I had no issues. But for some reason I had issues on this server.

Jenson D.

Can’t say I can agree with you on it being his pc. I have a very good pc, that runs every game very well. Including other fivem servers. Bigger, whitelisted servers with a ton more assets, I had no problem with. Even random public servers with tons of people trolling I had no issues. But for some reason I had issues on this server.
As I said, "I don't usually ever see any lag". Either way whenever Economy releases you should have a better experience since our main focus is performance.

Ehbw

Developer
The server is laggy for no reason, I've gone on much bigger servers with way more people, way more custom cars, scripts and plugins, and they were never as laggy as tx there is no excuse and just saying "just get a better PC" is never a good response when other servers do it better. Yes I'm aware the dev team isn't very big and they have lives, this isn't a diss at them just something I've noticed.
Yes, I will agree that the server performance is nowhere near as good as it can be, We are heavily limited by the resources we use and some of the interior used (Most of the interiors are in or around the sandy area). as for the 'Just get a better PC' this in most cases is true due to the fact is that if your PC is below or barely above the FiveM and GTA V minimum requirements your not going to get that great of an experience. As Jenson said when Economy releases you will get some increase in FPS (might be noticeable depending on your system, it is noticeable for me going from 40-50fps in the city to 80-100fps depending where in the city, not sure about sandy since its a shit place and you should avoid it)

Owners/dev team going back on things they've said. Best example is him going back on the whitelist after saying it was a permanent change and then not telling anyone why he changed it back. From a community perspective the whitelist was going well in terms of rp and players, I'm sure it was done for a good reason but ice kept the community in the dark which is never good when doing stuff like going back on a "permanent change" that a lot of people wanted, it breaks trust.
as Jenson said the example you provided had nothing to do with the dev team.

Once the owners/dev team says their going to do something they needs to do it and stick to it. If they say something will be permanent then don't go back on it. This breaks trust with the community and makes it look like the people running the server aren't going to stick with what they say. And therefore can't be trusted.
Well we (Devs) can't always do the thing we say and it could be for multiple reasons such as FiveM limitations, Lack of time, wouldn't be possible without either major rewrites to other systems or without it effecting performance etc.

Jakub K. 1A-04

Community Moderator
Dear Gavin F.,

Thank You for the thorough Thread. I can agree on most points and I can tell you that there's something being planned for LEOs to improve their training and also the communication between all departments!

I can understand that you might think that nothing happens when you report a staff member, but I can assure you that it is not the case. I know that there have been staff members that got punished because of a staff report. Sadly most of the time evidence like video evidence is needed to have enough proof. And that is good because it would be unfair if you could get punished without any sort of valid evidence since it could be abused.
Staff not treating player issues with respect. When people bring up an issue or have an issue that they bring to discord, staff most of them don't try and help they get defensive and only add to the issue.
I agree, Staff should treat player issues with respect. But when there are 2 parties fighting/insulting each other in let's say #general we need to stop the argument. But I agree these issues should be spoken upon when everyone has calmed down to maybe find a compromise or something.
I took the Lost MC situation here as an example.
Staff cracking down way too hard on people for the most mundane shit, an example is a staff member warned a friend while they were in rp buying a gumball next to my traffic stop for cop baiting when in reality they just wanted to listen. This should not have been a staff issue it should have been a police issue. This is only one example of many.
I can't comment on that because I've not seen the scene personally. Apologies for the bad experience.
I have been here for over 3 years now and I can tell you that it is rare that things are reverted. Most of the time they are changed so everyone is happy but never fully removed. I am sure that it had a reason why we went back to a "public" server. Even though I would have wished for a more transparent reason, but you can't always have everything!
I agree and accept that people might be pissed when they liked the change and now it got removed even after they said that it is a "permanent change". But as I said maybe things have happened in the background that caused the reversion.
Lack of transparency between owner/devs and the community. It seems like they don't know whats going on and they're bringing the community along for that ride. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's what it feels like. The community shouldn't be left in the dark yes it's fine to hype stuff up and keep secrets for stuff like upcoming cars or something like economy but when it comes to the direction of the community its never good to keep stuff like that secret.
Yes, there is a lack of transparency but at least there is some transparency (I know it's mostly not enough). We had a discussion lately in the public discord where a lot of information was shared, I would've wished that information to be written out and put into the updates channel. Maybe use the forums for transparency updates? Like 1A3 has done in the past, I think that would be a start. I would also love to have monthly meetings in the public discord that could be hosted by Staff/LT to answer questions of the Members of TXDPS.

I have been apart of TXDPS for this long have seen a lot of shit go down and I just want the best for TXDPS. That's why I am answering you! :)

The biggest issue I've seen is police rushing through civ scenes, this should never be done no matter what, it creates a habit that's never good and makes it so civs who actually have an rp planned out don't get the opportunity to see it through.
Have noticed this as well, this happens mostly when there are too many repetitive scenes like 10-80s, 10-68s, and more. That isn't an excuse but that's what I noticed. I don't like it as well, because scenes are more fun when you set-up a perimeter, get people in positions and do all of that instead of rushing into the bank with 5 Shotguns or something. Communication is key and makes everything more fun and also improves your communicative skills and rp-skills as well.
- Police being too quick to lethal force and not taking time to deescalate (this is also an issue created by the civs).
- lower ranking or less experienced leo not knowing what to do in situations like robberies or barricaded suspects, yes this is a swat job but they won't always be on, normal police need at least basic training for this. This also adds to the issue of police rushing scenes and police being quick to lethal force when they could de-escalate (yes this is also an issue with civs)
- Police break traffic laws and aren't punished by command staff. If civilians have to follow those laws so should police. Not calling this person out but I did a ride along with a higher up and was encouraged to break traffic laws in the city.
- Police not doing what they need to be doing and responding to calls, there have been numerous times when many people have placed calls and no one ever responded because either the entire police force is focused on a 10-80 or they just don't care. This could also be an issue of not enough police or the unit needed to respond isn't on however this is usually not the case.
- Police not listening to radio traffic/not calling when they're responding to something, there have been numerous times when I've called for one unit, the unit responding doesn't say they're responding, so more units show up than needed, this not only freaks the person out who's on the traffic stop but it's wasting resources.
- More police being on scene than needed (this goes with the last two points). For whatever reason police even higher ups don't know when they aren't needed on a scene, an example is I was on a suspicious person's call and called for another unit because I didn't know who it was and I needed to find them, I found the suspect called the location out to the other unit who responded next thing I know 6 or 7 officers roll up including command staff, once I realize who the guy was, I asked all but the other responding unit to break off because having all those police standing around was agitating the suspect and they were standing around doing nothing and there could have been other calls where they were needed, I promptly got a "no" from one of the command staff.
I am 80% sure that these issues will slowly vanish after the Law Enforcement revamp as there will be more in-depth training as well as unified SOPs and more. Due to a lot of shootings by civilians LEOs are probably used to using their guns on scenes which results in them using lethal force even when it would not be the best suitable Level of Force. Not defending them but that's what I would assume. Both parties are at fault!

About LEOs not responding, just report them to their supervisors. Not as easy as said but that would be the best bet. I am on your side, it is annoying when there's no one responding and they ignore your calls as well as the next point where you point out that more units than needed respond. I am fine with having a supervisor getting on the scene + the unit that called out 10-97, since the supervisor is there to supervise lol. But it's overkill to get there with 6/7 LEOs because not only does that scare the Civilian/Suspect/Victim it also shows unprofessionalism of the LEO-Departments in general.
Personally I think being able to send suggestions directly through the discord was a better system, I understand having it on the forums but it's just not working out
Agreed that was a way better system but reverting now would contradict your previous statement, I just wish myself more interaction here. I don't know how to implement that because there aren't a lot of things to do, to generate traffic here. Since there aren't any rewards or something.
I made this statement because I care about the server and want it to do well. There have been too many great people leave due to the state the servers in. Let's not make it more.
And that's good. Constructive criticism is always great! Without constructive criticism, you can't rise. I mean maybe you can but it will be hard. It's always better to see the other perspective and what they see wrong. I love the server and I wish the best for it's future. Thank you for your statement ❤??

Best regards
Markus Damon // Jakub K.
TX Moderator

Domestic

If you are expecting information about Economy then that's not happening after how impatient people ending up being for 2.0 plus I don't see the point of giving information about stuff that still has a high chance to change.

All a development roadmap would have is "Economy" since that's our main focus currently so it would be a waste of time.
For most of these issues the only reason I lumped the devs in was because I was unsure about the structure, I should have made sure about that before I posted it and I'm sorry about that.

As for the rdming police at the point I wrote that I had heard people talking about devs and staff doing it, I was unsure so I also just lumped them together, for that I am also sorry, I didn't really have a certain dev in mind as I wasn't ever told who it was.

Ehbw

Developer
As for the rdming police at the point I wrote that I had heard people talking about devs and staff doing it, I was unsure so I also just lumped them together, for that I am also sorry, I didn't really have a certain dev in mind as I wasn't ever told who it was.
I mean if staff/devs were RDMing then it would make more sense to make a staff/player report on them instead of bitching about it in a general chat.

Ramesh D.

I know running any kind of server is hard but at this point it seems like no one especially most of the staff team really care about the server.

I agree, though maybe not they might not do anything, but I think any punishments may or may not be very significant enough to keep them from doing it again. I also feel it's very hard to report a staff member though.
Staff not treating player issues with respect. When people bring up an issue or have an issue that they bring to discord, staff most of them don't try and help they get defensive and only add to the issue. This is not all but it's something I've noticed. One of the things I remember from the staff apps is it saying you need to be professional at all times I fail to see that from most of the staff.
I also have experience with this certain topic. I refuse to say names here, but they know who they are:

Me and my friends were messing around and beating up an abandoned CO car and a group of other people show up. They join us on beating the shit out of the CO car until someone shoots and we don't know who. Like everyone dies and EMS arrives and we good. I message him and ask him why he killed us, he says one of us shot at them and he wanted to see what we were wearing. We met up at the same place as before and as soon as I show up with my friends the person we meet up with completely executes me with no words or anything and drives away. I report the player and the staff member involved does not warn or punish the person at all. The staff member SAW it and even said he clipped it. That staff member no longer is a staff though.

I have no comment here, though I agree some of the more important things might be being overlooked.
I personally hated the whitelist and it was not good for the development and survival of the server. So I applauded the revert but I agree that something needs to be said.
No. The community does not need to know everything going under the covers on unless it's in progress (like only 2 weeks away) and is arriving soon.
Yes. This server is probably the laggiest in terms of FPS compared to the other servers (which are much larger) that I have played in. The statement about your PC being the issue is completely stupid and is an excuse to avoid the issue.

My friends have been trying to convince me to join a whitelisted server which has recently came out solely because of this issue. This server is certainly to blame.
Some smaller issues I've noticed:
- Higher ups messing around while on duty. I've seen this numerous times, joking around while at the station or while on a ride along is fine but when it comes to actually interacting with the civilian population you should usually be more professional especially the higher up you are, higher ups set an example for lower ranks.
All of these are good points and they need fixing soon. I think that more interaction should take place in the development and /me-ing everything is ruining the server.

My friend recently posted a suggestion on the failRP of cops and how they just press O to grab you. You should take a look at that.
No one reads suggestions, or at the very least no one actually interacts with them. I've brought this up before in the server and immediately got told otherwise but i fail to see how suggestions from around the past month getting a peak of around 4 votes (estimated due to upvotes and down votes being pooled together) is people looking at suggestions. Some of the suggestions that have been made by other or even me are pretty good suggestions but don't go anywhere due to no one interacting with them.
Yes. The suggestions don't receive any dev input unless they've been already implemented or they think it's not possible.

Dominic P.

Community Moderator
End of discussion if you can’t face the facts this man has just said then don’t respond everything he has said is true and needs to be fixed. A main reason you all are saying stuff to defend is you like the server I get it, but as a guy who has been here for 3 years I never seen a worse time for Texas till recently. I have been here I have seen change it is time for more change again.

Ehbw

Developer
Yes. The suggestions don't receive any dev input unless they've been already implemented or they think it's not possible.
We don't need to give any dev input to suggestions unless we aren't going to do it or we have implemented it. We (or at least I) also do read suggestion, just because we don't respond to doesn't mean we haven't read it.
I agree, though maybe not they might not do anything, but I think any punishments may or may not be very significant enough to keep them from doing it again. I also feel it's very hard to report a staff member though.
How is it hard to report a staff member? It is the exact same way you would report a player apart from you provide the users Staff callsign instead of their name/steam hex/some sort of identifier. as for the punishments part I am not a staff member so I can't really say much about that.

Yes. This server is probably the laggiest in terms of FPS compared to the other servers (which are much larger) that I have played in. The statement about your PC being the issue is completely stupid and is an excuse to avoid the issue.

My friends have been trying to convince me to join a whitelisted server which has recently came out solely because of this issue. This server is certainly to blame.
We haven't tried to avoid the issue, If you read what I said above I stated the exact causes of the Lag FPS, and when have we stated that a users PC is the issue, the users pc may play apart in the issue but like I said it is mostly the Interiors (Most of those Interiors being in sandy, so I guess if you want better FPS (and reduced crashing) leave sandy and go to paleto or the city) and some scripts causing low FPS. and as I said in my first reply performance will get better with Eco's release as it has been mine and 1A3's main focus to optimise scripts as much as we can without compromising on gameplay.

Luke H

Community Moderator
The most factual thing I've seen yet. Police have evolved to a non-existent use of force and shoot whenever a scene doesn't go their way it seems. It's been like this for months on end and it only gets worse. The command and supervisors are reflecting their actions onto the general population of LEO and it just spoils the fun when you can't have a scene last more than 10 minutes before police pit, spike, shoot, etc. Not to mention that "/me moves" warrants getting shot 30 times STILL. That's been a problem since early 2020.

The most factual thing I've seen yet. Police have evolved to a non-existent use of force and shoot whenever a scene doesn't go their way it seems. It's been like this for months on end and it only gets worse. The command and supervisors are reflecting their actions onto the general population of LEO and it just spoils the fun when you can't have a scene last more than 10 minutes before police pit, spike, shoot, etc. Not to mention that "/me moves" warrants getting shot 30 times STILL. That's been a problem since early 2020.
I agree and when I am on I try to keep that from happening especially with the wardens. However this has become a mindset that will sadly be hard to try to change but I also place some blame on the civs for making LEO want to shoot first with scenes going south quick of them usually wanting to shoot first.

Domestic

I agree and when I am on I try to keep that from happening especially with the wardens. However this has become a mindset that will sadly be hard to try to change but I also place some blame on the civs for making LEO want to shoot first with scenes going south quick of them usually wanting to shoot first.
Agree 100% this is not just a police issue, it's an entire community issue.

Domestic

No. The community does not need to know everything going under the covers on unless it's in progress (like only 2 weeks away) and is arriving soon.

I probably should have clarified this point more, I'm not saying the community should know everything going on but they should at least know the direction the community is going as in what the owners are hoping to turn the community into, and why we should stick around to see those changes. Keeping a community in the dark with stuff like that when a server is in a state like tx is in now isnt good, people need to know so they know there is actually change going to be made so they know they should stick around and see.