0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Reviving and Respawning

tropicz

Community Executive
  • Remove /respawn and replace it with something else
    • I think that we should remove /respawn and replace it with a thing where you have to wait 5 minutes but press a button to respawn if needed when that time is over. There are a lot of reasons, some of the main ones being - Even though there is a time on /revive people will just /respawn right away and in many cases won't RP out what happened with them. Another reason is that it will help new people respawn if they are downed and EMS is not around they wait 5 minutes, maybe someone finds them then calls for help. When they hold the button for a certain amount of time then it will teleport them down to pillbox where they can attempt to get further treatment if needed.
  • Restrict /revive to Law Enforcement and EMS only
    • This would make it so EMS has something more 'exclusive' but also gives them a reason to respond to calls. With this, not every civilian will be able to /revive after some time and continue on there would be more of a reason for EMS to respond to calls because if the suggestion above happens then they will not be able to respawn for some time as well. If someone is injured bad enough and they are revied maybe there can be a way to where they are still uzing blood and lose health slowly which then would kinda force them to go get treated at the hospital. If no EMS is at the hospital or available maybe there can be something that they have to go to press a button then are in the hospital for like 5 minutes again or something. When no EMS is around cops can use the /hospital command or take them to the hospital in their car or something, more of that stuff can be worked out later though. This could also give a reason to remove /hospital or make it less used.
Doing both of these may also encourage more RP after injured in the hospital. Maybe instead of EMS waiting at FD Stations, they can chill at Pillbox Medical and help people that come in.

hopefully that all made sense. k.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
+1

Good suggestion, no criticisms. I was thinking "what if we have no EMS/Police?" on but in that case, I'm sure PT would be on anyway. Got my upvote.

tropicz

Community Executive
+1

Good suggestion, no criticisms. I was thinking "what if we have no EMS/Police?" on but in that case, I'm sure PT would be on anyway. Got my upvote.
Yeah, it could also be something to where if actual EMS is not on when that 5-minute timer ends and they can respawn that would be like Local/County EMS is taking them to the hospital.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
Yeah, it could also be something to where if actual EMS is not on when that 5-minute timer ends and they can respawn that would be like Local/County EMS is taking them to the hospital.

100%, that circumvents the issue AND means that county EMS and etc actually has a place. I'd be interested to see if anyone can fault this idea.

Domestic

If this was implemented you could always just call 911 as a local, but also there's not always the guarantee that ems/fire is on and from what I can tell they aren't on very often so it would just be a person calling the cops who do very basic medical and 2 mins later sending them to the hospital/whatever the knew command would be.

Ehbw

Developer
Restrict /revive to Law Enforcement and EMS only
How would this work? Like would it only be allowed to active Law enforcement and EMS or to any applied members
though there is a time on /revive
With the current death script it relies mostly on Fivem syncing the players dead body to the other client (which it doesn't) which causes issues where some people will see dead body in one location where as others will see it in the actual location, or if the player dies in a vehicle they will go invisible so we might need to do a few changes with how dying works.

Overall a really good suggestion

tropicz

Community Executive
If this was implemented you could always just call 911 as a local, but also there's not always the guarantee that ems/fire is on and from what I can tell they aren't on very often so it would just be a person calling the cops who do very basic medical and 2 mins later sending them to the hospital/whatever the knew command would be.
No, if there is no EMS the 911 calls would come in maybe a cop or 2 respond to "investigate" but really it is up to the player to respawn when they want, cops wouldn't send someone using a command anymore. The person would go as long as they are 'cleared' and they are not a part of any further RP that is going to happen there which the cops can kinda tell them in RP.

But this would hopefully encourage EMS to get on more as they would be getting calls. Maybe there can also be a system where if a local sees a dead body something happens where EMS and police are notified.