0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Emergency lighting stages

I'd love to see emergency light stages, i.e. a 3 stage slide switch (as used in a good majority of emergency vehicles).

For example, light stage one activates the rear facing lights only, which can be used when stopped road side, or when multiple units are on scene of a traffic stop.

Light stage 2 would activate rear facing and a slow flashing of the front facing lights, which can be used when on scene or when parked on a traffic stop scene.

Light stage 3 would be pursuit mode, self explanatory, used when actively responding a code 3 response.

I'd also love to see an implementation of a working traffic advisor option on lightbars or rear deck light sticks (slicktop/unmarked units) as well as takedown/scene lighting (the NF bars extra 12 as an example), blackout mode (kills all lights of the vehicle including the interior light), and maybe a cruise light mode if it's not pushing it - cruise lighting illuminates the outer corners of the lightbar at lower power output level aka dim to indicate an officers presence when on duty (doesn't have to be a requirement, but an option to the officer to use).

I'm not suggesting adding every single aspect listed above, but doing so would add a huge touch of realism in my opinion.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
This is a good idea in essence and I don't think anybody would disagree with that but there's one major flaw; our server is "non-ELS".

If you haven't heard of this term before, that means that the lighting that is on our cars doesn't require any external scripts to change; it comes with the car. You can change the pattern and colours of the lights but you can't change the states of the lights (ie: only having TA's on for MVAs).

What you're referencing is a "ELS"; this uses a custom script to change the stages of lighting dependent on what you want. Whilst it does allow for more customizability, it does tank performance substantially for some people and therefore isn't always viable. Moreover, the market for non-ELS vehicles is much larger than the market for ELS vehicles and therefore you get a wider selection if you opt with non-ELS.

Based on what I said, it's unlikely the suggestion will gain any traction. Hope this made sense.

The use of extras is one of them but any other external scripts are bound to cause performance issues and we don't want that.
I agree, that could make it unplayable for some, and for what we do, I think the 1 light stage is fine, but it would be nice to see a few more lighting stages whether that's done by extras or not.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
I agree, that could make it unplayable for some, and for what we do, I think the 1 light stage is fine, but it would be nice to see a few more lighting stages whether that's done by extras or not.

For it to be done by extras, the dev that made the vehicle would have needed to incorporate that into their product and the majority of non-ELS devs do not. More lighting stages would be nice but it just isn't possible with our setup.

For it to be done by extras, the dev that made the vehicle would have needed to incorporate that into their product and the majority of non-ELS devs do not. More lighting stages would be nice but it just isn't possible with our setup.
I understand, and I appreciate you taking the time to explain this all, for those who didn't understand it. (i.e. me....)

Mungo, I do understand that I basically described the ELS script, but I had seen a script on the FiveM scripts forums about it for the non-ELS vehicles, which is why I started the post, but I do agree with you, it could cause a whole boatload of bugs, breaks etc for the server, and I also completely forgot that there may be members with lower end PC's that already have issues keeping up as is and adding this may obliterate their ability furthermore, so fair enough that the suggestion gets down voted or ignored completely.

On the other hand, is there a way to keybind the extras? As I mentioned on the NForce lightbar, extra 12 does flood mode, and I'd be happier then a kid in a candy store to be able to toggle it quickly rather then use F1>VeH Opts>Veh Extras

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
Mungo, I do understand that I basically described the ELS script, but I had seen a script on the FiveM scripts forums about it for the non-ELS vehicles, which is why I started the post, but I do agree with you, it could cause a whole boatload of bugs, breaks etc for the server, and I also completely forgot that there may be members with lower end PC's that already have issues keeping up as is and adding this may obliterate their ability furthermore, so fair enough that the suggestion gets down voted or ignored completely.

On the other hand, is there a way to keybind the extras? As I mentioned on the NForce lightbar, extra 12 does flood mode, and I'd be happier then a kid in a candy store to be able to toggle it quickly rather then use F1>VeH Opts>Veh Extras

I don't believe there is. You could try a series of key executions on your keyboard as a macro to lead to the F1 menu vehicle options but it would be buggy and a pain to setup (trust me, I tried).

Another suggestion you could put forward would be a command that toggles the light and you can bind it to a key; that might gain some traction and probably wouldn't be too difficult to do - up to you, though!

Not a bad suggestion of a suggestion for a suggestion haha

I think I will do that this evening after work, when I have the proper time to word it properly because it would definitely come in handy often.

And thanks for letting me know about the whole PITA about the key executions!