0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Law Enforcement Meetings Suggestion

tropicz

Community Executive
idea was taken from @Korbin B. 3S-36

The Full Vision/Idea (Fully laid out further down in sections)

After the 2 most populated tsunamis 1 PM Eastern Standard Time & 7 PM Eastern Standard Time there is a Law Enforcement Meeting/"Briefing" that will occur. This meeting will happen at those times every day as long as there are at least 2 Law Enforcement Supervisors. This is because the meeting can be hosted by supervisors, making it not have to require staff so it can always happen.

Meetings will be planned to take a minimum of 10 minutes but will be allowed to go longer. A time that it should start wrapping up is 30 minutes in the meeting so that way it does not take up to much time. But also so LEO can get to roleplaying as well. These meetings are not meant to be like past briefings where COs and LEO were talked down on and lectured on their wrongdoings. These meetings are meant to be a place to inform people of what happened in previous shifts, maybe some updates that are coming to LEO and specific departments, or even just for some casual conversation.

This would also bring traffic down to the most complete station inside of the server, the Mission Row Police Department. It could encourage civilians to move down to the city because they will eventually pick up that there is a Law Enforcement meeting in the city, so if they are looking for action, they will be waiting to see cops leaving the area after the meeting.

The Vision/Idea Laid Out

The Idea

• Law Enforcement Meetings
Who can/will attend
  • All Law Enforcement/People who work closely with Law Enforcement this includes:
    • Community Service Officers
    • Texas State Troopers
    • Dallas County Sheriff's Office
    • Texas State Game Warden
    • Dallas Police Department
    • Dallas Communications
When will these happen
Where will these happen
  • Mission Row Police Department
2.PNG
  • Mission Row Police Department Training Room/Meeting Room
3.PNG 4.PNG

Who will be allowed to host these
  • Department Command Staff
  • Department Supervisors
How long will these be
  • At least a minimum of 10 minutes, they can go on for as long as the meeting hosts want. But a recommended time to end the meetings is around 30 minutes in so it does not take up to much time.
What will be gone over/happen in these meetings
  • There is a variety of things that can be gone over in these meetings. These are not briefings and these are not a place to tell people their wrongdoings. Things that can be gone over are:
    • Situations/priorities that occurred in previous tsunamis and the outcome.
    • Updates that are coming to Law Enforcement Departments (only ones that can be said to the public).
    • Issue solving.
    • Questions that people may have.
  • Things that will happen are most of the above, but even more that can make the roleplay much better, more fun, etc... Like the pledge or some sort of thing like that.
What is the difference between these meetings and previous briefings
  • In previous briefings, they were always hosted by staff. With the meetings they will not be, the meetings will be in roleplay with no reason for staff to interfere out of character.
  • In previous briefings, when they would happen it would only be to call out a number of people for the wrongdoings that occurred on one or more calls, which will not happen. If someone is doing something wrong on patrol that should be handled in roleplay either before or after the meeting and not during it.
  • A major difference is the setting of where is happening, these will happen inside, away from vehicles. Briefings would happen outside, standing at vehicles, and talking on the radio so everyone down the line can hear. For the meetings people will gather in the room and we will talk to each other like that.

As of right now, this is just an idea, along with many other suggestions that may never happen depending on the need and want and many more things taken into consideration. This as said at the top was an idea taken from @Korbin B. 3S-36 and expanded on. If this were to happen this idea will be expanded on and many more things will be answered regarding questions with this meeting thing.

If you feel you have an addiction to this vision/idea put it below. If you have a reason to downvote or dislike this idea, keep it to yourself to avoid arguments with others if one is posted, I'm deleting it.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
I think this would most likely benefit everyone. Although logistical problems are probably what the majority of people will think is an issue, for a lot of command staff and staff, we already host meetings in our own departments and therefore have that knowledge of how to host a briefing. Bringing people down to the MRPD to do it would be the best bet due to the facilities we have there. I think the maximum time for the meeting should be 10 minutes rather than 30 and the things that should be mentioned are just driving, following distance and perhaps an opportunity for command staff to draft out patrol districts if they want.

Overall I'd love to see this in and I'd be happy to help if it received enough traction.

+1

tropicz

Community Executive
I think this would most likely benefit everyone. Although logistical problems are probably what the majority of people will think is an issue, for a lot of command staff and staff, we already host meetings in our own departments and therefore have that knowledge of how to host a briefing. Bringing people down to the MRPD to do it would be the best bet due to the facilities we have there. I think the maximum time for the meeting should be 10 minutes rather than 30 and the things that should be mentioned are just driving, following distance and perhaps an opportunity for command staff to draft out patrol districts if they want.

Overall I'd love to see this in and I'd be happy to help if it received enough traction.

+1
Your addition is great, but the systems and things you provided make it look like exactly what we used to do in briefings. The meetings that will happen won't be anything close to what briefings used to be, we will not talk down on others for what they don't know how to do or their wrongdoings. These meetings will be more meetings and less of a place to direct officers on what they should do. Things like driving shouldn't matter, as for following distance that is up to the department supervisors/command to handle on their own time. For patrol districts, we will go nowhere close to those as they have created numerous arguments and issues in the past that went nowhere.

As kinda explained in my original suggestion these are more informational meetings and casual meetings. Information that will be given is things that happened last shift that person was on or maybe some subjects of interest that were caught multiple times doing crime. This would even be a new way to unlock the new meta in a roleplay about what civilians favor doing most.