0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Remove the blackhawk Helicopter

Panda-Man

Me and my friends were running from the police and we see the blackhawk Helicopter and for no reason or they maybe had a reason but a the Helicopter shouldn't exist, they started to shot at us and I mean it doesn't seem Realistic! 1. I have never seen a Helicopter shooting at biker or cars it doesn't seem Realistic. yeah in my opinion its not Realistic, but we should have a vote about it and see what everyone wants because I don't think its Realistic and we should remove it in my opinion

Luke H

Community Moderator
I agree - I don't find the Blackhawk to be an asset to any department because even the MRAP is pushing it sometimes. The Blackhawk is a cool thing, but barely realistic and is seemingly only causing controversy and skepticism. Not to mention some of the drama caused by the use of the .50 cal or minigun on it, it seems like the communication with who flys it is limited to the pilot and gunner and not the rest of the LEO.

The blackhawk is used for many situations. It is used all the time to take down threats with the minigun strapped to the side of it. If someone used it for no reason, then I understand the frustration. We use it for dangerous targets like a 10-80 that is very reckless, a bank robbery that people have escaped, etc. In the past, I have seen it used for Medevac, especially for when there are more than 2 or 3 LEOs in critical condition, and for transporting many SWAT members at a time. In my opinion, I feel it should stay but with heavier regulations with each of the departments' command staff of their Air Unit Subdivisions and Command Staff of the departments coming together to decide what to use it for and what not to.

Luke H

Community Moderator
The blackhawk is used for many situations. It is used all the time to take down threats with the minigun strapped to the side of it. If someone used it for no reason, then I understand the frustration. We use it for dangerous targets like a 10-80 that is very reckless, a bank robbery that people have escaped, etc. In the past, I have seen it used for Medevac, especially for when there are more than 2 or 3 LEOs in critical condition, and for transporting many SWAT members at a time. In my opinion, I feel it should stay but with heavier regulations with each of the departments' command staff of their Air Unit Subdivisions and Command Staff coming together to decide what to use it for and what not to.
While I agree its use can be practical, it is still excessive. I don't know if there's a law enforcement agency that owns a Blackhawk for any reason, at that point you'd call the national guard. Our skinned helicopters and marksman units do fine against suspects and pitting or stop sticks are much safer and effective in stopping a vehicle. There are many different ways to stop a pursuit than shooting them with a minigun.

Mungo K. 1A-10

Community Moderator
I do agree that the blackhawk ruins immersion for a police based server but I think it's fine if it has the right regulations in place. In DCSO, we don't allow the blackhawk at all since it really isn't needed but if we need to transport a large amount of people somewhere then I can see where it becomes useful.

In the situation of it shooting at people, I think that's very excessive and doesn't really give the civilian a chance to get away from the police when an overpowered, fast and insanely deadly airship is chasing after you. It also increases the chance of bullets straying and hitting civilians too.

Overall though, I think it probably should be removed since it doesn't really get any use asides from by high command members and I'm sure we won't mind if it goes.

Last edited: