0 PLAYERS ONLINE

PLAY.TXNRP.COM

Suggestions for the seatbelt

Domestic

I think the seatbelt thing should be toned down just a bit because it's a little unrealistic to go flying through a windshield because you hit the brakes a little too hard also it's not very fair to people who use keyboards because they aren't really able to make slow and smooth stops like a controller player would and you could say "just put a seatbelt on" but at the moment since the feature is so new and there's no indicator telling you to put it on it's easy to forget about it and be driving down the road and brake a little too hard and you get ejected from the vehicle.

TLDR:
1. I think that they should make it so you don't fly out of a car from breaking too hard without a seatbelt

2. There should be an indicator somewhere on the screen telling you you don't have one on and maybe even make it so it makes a beeping noise like in real life

Last edited:

Luke H

Community Moderator
You make a good point that the seatbelt should make a chime or have an indicator on saying it's unbuckled, but we need to have a system where there's a negative to not wearing a seatbelt besides getting a ticket.

tropicz

Community Executive
Hello @Domestic

I got wind of your suggestion and wanted to see what you were talking about - I did some testing in Law Enforcement Vehicles with speed boost to really go as fast as I can. I use Keyboard and Mouse. I tried it at the speeds 30, 40, 60, 100, 120, 130, and 170 and I was not able to get anything like you described to happen to me. Do you remember, and if you do how you got this to happen? If so could you please reply so I can attempt to replicate it.

Domestic

You make a good point that the seatbelt should make a chime or have an indicator on saying it's unbuckled, but we need to have a system where there's a negative to not wearing a seatbelt besides getting a ticket.
Yeah I not saying make it so you don't fly out at all that's definitely good but it's just not realistic to fly out from breaking too hard at like 40-50 mph

Luke H

Community Moderator
Yeah I not saying make it so you don't fly out at all that's definitely good but it's just not realistic to fly out from breaking too hard at like 40-50 mph
I attempted to test the ejection and could not get it to happen, I don't know what you've done for that to happen at 40.

Domestic

Hello @Domestic

I got wind of your suggestion and wanted to see what you were talking about - I did some testing in Law Enforcement Vehicles with speed boost to really go as fast as I can. I use Keyboard and Mouse. I tried it at the speeds 30, 40, 60, 100, 120, 130, and 170 and I was not able to get anything like you described to happen to me. Do you remember, and if you do how you got this to happen? If so could you please reply so I can attempt to replicate it.
I was doing a ride along with Zach K. And we were pretty much just leaving the sandy station and he hit the brakes and I flew out, it was the GW ford I'm pretty sure that's all I remember

Domestic

Hello @Domestic

I was doing a ride along with Zach K. And we were pretty much just leaving the sandy station and he hit the brakes and I flew out, it was the GW ford I'm pretty sure. That's all I remember but I've heard a couple other officers talking about flying out from hitting the brakes too hard but that point is irrelevant since I wasn't paying attention to names.

Ehbw

Developer
There already is a indicator in the bottom left of your screen.

Jenson D.

I think that they should make it so you don't fly out of a car from breaking too hard without a seatbelt
That's not really fixable since it checks the velocity and stuff and a sudden stop can sometimes be the same velocity as hitting something.
There should be an indicator somewhere on the screen telling you you don't have one on
There is a flashing one on the bottom left next to your speed and fuel.